Cozy Vacation Home
Old Friends Thoroughbred Farm in Georgetown KY
Only a short drive from I-75/I-64 exits 113 or 120, and less than 25 minutes from Keeneland and the Bluegrass Airport, Old Friends’s newly available guest house is nestled in a rustic country setting in the heart of Bluegrass Country.
This tastefully decorated colonial is the perfect home base for exploring Lexington and surrounding area attractions, from shopping and dining to a day at the races or a visit to the Kentucky Horse Park or other famous Thoroughbred farms. It’s also a perfect respite for quiet relaxation.
The two-story house sits on five private acres on the perimeter of Old Friends Farm, which is home to over 100 retired Thoroughbreds. While your evenings can be spent in the cozy Silver Charm suite--a room celebrating just one of our retired Kentucky Derby winners--your day can include a tour around the farm to meet our other pensioned racing champions.
The Old Friends house is very much a farm house. Sitting on the front porch you may hear horses snorting, cows mooing or the caretaker’s dogs playing or barking (our farm caretakers live in the bottom half of the house so there is always someone available to help you.)
But you will also find all of the amenities of home. The house features four bedrooms, each with plenty of closet space. There are three full baths, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a spacious dining and living area. There is a lovely wrap-around porch and back deck offering scenic farm views. Included also is a children’s playground and a laundry room with washer & dryer.
Cottage on the Farm
The house is strictly a no smoking zone. Pets are not allowed except for service dogs. The home is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Silver Charm Master Suite features two queen beds, full bath, television, and sitting area;
- The War Emblem Room and the Little Silver Charm Room each feature one queen bed and a shared full bath in hallway.
- The Charismatic room offers a full bed, armoire and dresser, and adjacent full bath.
- Fully equipped kitchen, including dishware, glassware, and flatware for 12, utensils, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave, and dishwasher
- Living room /dining room has dining area for six, and a 42-inch flat screen TV with DVD player.
- All bed and bath linens provided
- Dish Network
- Ironing board, iron
- Hairdryers in each bathroom
- Central heating & air
- Washer & Dryer
- 2-car garage with parking area
- Private driveway
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Soap, shampoo
- Guest provide their own meals
- No parking off street
- Minimum age for renters is 25 years of age (ID required)
- Children are welcome
- Non-smoking (smoking permitted outside only)
- No Pets allowed except for service dogs
- Not Wheelchair accessible
RATES (all rates information in U.S. Dollars)
The house is currently only available for 7-day, 6-night minimum stays. Check in is Saturday 3 pm; check out is Friday 11 am. Please call for seasonal rates and details. Security deposit required. *During Keeneland Race Meet or Kentucky Derby week, call us for availability*
Weekly: $2,000; Monthly $7,000
During the Keeneland Live Race Meet in April and October, and also for Kentucky Derby week, call us for availability and rates.
Full payment due at time of booking approval. A refundable damage deposit of $650.00 is due 7 days before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy:
50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.